Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help!!!4500m router flash erased and boothelper corrupted

Status
Not open for further replies.

mich06

Technical User
Feb 6, 2002
US
Hello,

I accidently downloaded the wrong ios version for my 4500-m and now it's stuck in the the Rommon >1 prompt. I can't get the boot command to see my pc as a tftp server anymore. Whenever I try to reboot after changing the confreg to 0x2101 it still goes int Rommon>1. I read that I may need to access a second 4000 series router to reprogram the flash memory. Is this my only option? Please help.....

Thanks,

Tyson

Yes, you will need a new bootflash or one with an image on it. If you have a smartnet contract you can exchange your chip at CCO.

The flash can be redone using XModem to console or aux port.

Hope this helps! (Did the same thing once before)

I'm curious about this x-modem command. It doesn't show as an option when I type Rommon>1 ?

I heard it's not available on a Cisco 4500-M. I'm not sure?

Also, when I did a Rommon>1 ?

I saw the following command options:

Boot - boots an external process
Dlnd - continue downloading an image

I thought it was: boot [filename] [address]
but it gives me an error thinking the filename and address is one long filename.

I couldn't figure out the right syntax to specify my tftp server addess and bin file.

So, if I do happen to get access to a second 4500 router; do I first take out the flash module from the working 4500, and insert the invalid flash into the working router. Then run the IOS from the bootflash and copy that to the flash? Then insert the the invalid bootflash module into the working router and copy the IOS in flash to the the invalid bootflash. Is that how the swap procedure works?

And can I swap Flash/Bootflash memory with any router in the 4000 series(4000/4000m/4500/4500m/4700/4700m) with my 4500m?

Thirsting for knowledge!!!!
Tyson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back