Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HELP!! 3 Com phone beeps and wont ring

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcyg

IS-IT--Management
Oct 25, 2011
US
I have ONE user who's 3 Com 3101 basic phone beeps when ever internal people call him. It wont ring unless its an outside caller. Everyone else works fine.

ANY SUGGESTIONS??? I looked every where, but need suggestions.

delete the phone and re add it as a new extension....that should do it.

Hi , probably user had changed method ringing phone .
go to user - setting and change it

by bruno

Sounds like Handsfree (not to be confused with Speakerphone) is enabled on the phone. On the 3102 phone, it's a hard button that can be pressed on/off, but on the 3101 phone, it's not a button. This feature allows Internal callers (by default..also able to be allowed to external callers, however I don't know why anyone would!?!) to this phone, to beep once, then open up the speakerphone, and the user can respond 'handsfree'.
I don't recall if NBX has a feature code assigned to this feature, but VCX does.

I'd probably just do a Eeprom reset on the phone, to set it back to factory default. You'd have to reboot the phone, and press the white dot 'Program' button within 30 seconds of reboot, then use the arrows to scroll down through the menus to Advanced settings, and find Eeprom reset to default, and choose that. *Note- that will reset all values of the phone, so if it's Ethernet Only, it's fine, but if the phone is using Standard IP, it will also clear the IP address of the phone*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back