Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help 1900 switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

IS-IT--Management
Sep 29, 2006
DZ
Help me ..
I have cisco 1900 switch . It was my friends company before . I brought to my house now . When i switch on router & use hyperterminal i get below screen .
I have only 2 options frist one is menu driven . When i press m it says u can't use this option when you have tacas server enabled . The only seconf option is cammond line ..When i press k it says No Tacacs+ servers have been configured. ... So i am ending now where . I am unable to by pass this screen . CAn any one help me in this pleaseeeeeeeee....

1 user(s) now active on Management Console.

User Interface Menu

[M] Menus
[K] Command Line

Enter Selection: K
No Tacacs+ servers have been configured.

Press any key to continue.

If the above thread didn't help, here is a possibility of what could be the problem:

It sounds like the switch is still configured from it's last home. And that they were using TACAC's. You are going to have to somehow delete all the configuration parameters involving TACACs from the switch. Depending on how TACACs is enabled,you may never be able to telnet in or log in because it it will look to the TACACs server for authentication. Because there is no server, you will be denied. (There are various ways to configure TACACs but from what you have said, it sounds like any type of login procedure will fail because it does not see the TACACs server)

Off the top of my head, I don't remember how to go into the switch and erase the TACACs commands. I would say look through the CIsco web pages and see what you find. I'll check some info for you. In the meantime, perhaps someone else knows how to get into a switch and redo configurations. ( I know for the router, but the 1900 is a different story).

HTH,
Tara

"Configure the router to boot up without reading the configuration memory (NVRAM). This is sometimes called the test system mode.

Reboot the system.

Access enable mode (which can be done without a password if you are in test system mode).

VIEW or CHANGE the TACACS commands.

Reconfigure the router to boot up and read the NVRAM as it normally does.

Reboot the system" Quote from this
Link:
TACACS Password Recovery Techniques Route once; switch many

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back