Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hello, Keep getting this message

Status
Not open for further replies.

atferraz

Technical User
Aug 23, 2003
PT
Hello,
Keep getting this message in my application event viewer:
"window cannot access registry information at \\"mydomain"\sysvol\"mydomain"\policies\some codes\Machine\registry.pol with (53)"
What does it means?
What can I do to prevent it?
Thanks somebody.

Need a little more information; are you getting this on a members server of a AD Domain, a DC or a desktop machine?

The sysvol folder is shared by default on your network. When you create a policy, it is stored in subfolders like what you see above. This information is not in the registry, it is on a network share. You should be able to go to network neighborhood and drill down into this share and find what the system is looking for. These policies are supposed to be replicated to other domain controllers from this folder.

Hello again,
I'm getting it from a DC machine. the only one at this network.
I cant see it from network neighborhood but can access to it via explorer and it is full shared for administrator. that´s my login.

Make sure the SYSVOL is shared. You can see it from Explorer because of the security priviledges set on the folder. But, if it's not shared, yyou won't see it in Network Neighborhood. That's been my experience.

SYSVOL is shared. can see it from shared folders on computer managment console.
This severe error from envent application comes from:
user: NTAUTHORUTY\SYSTEM
Source: Userenv
EventID: 1000

SYSVOL is shared. can see it from shared folders on computer managment console.
This severe error from envent application comes from:
user: NTAUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Source: Userenv
EventID: 1000

thanks bill,
that kb says that I've to install a second DC in my network because there is a startup script policy that can’t read sysvol just because those scripts run to early in the startup process????. i t says more: "However, logon and logoff scripts for users work correctly."

The only script there is must been created by ISA server, witch is in the same machine.

Isn’t there any other solution?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back