Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hello, I've got a table of house

Status
Not open for further replies.

drosenkranz

Programmer
Sep 13, 2000
US
Hello,

I've got a table of household members (HHMems) which contain all the household members for each family's application. I have another table with all of the incomes and resources (IncRes) that these household members included on the application.

One of my reports has a detail section which is supposed to list all of these records from the IncRes table but I only get the first record and then zeroes in the rest. I've tried a local view constructed from these tables but get the same result.

I know this can't be that difficult but I can't figure out why the detail line won't print all of the records. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave

The 2nd mouse gets the cheese.

Hi

If you have created a local view, then I suggest you give a browse command to see, if the records are actualy holding the values.

Another thing, is that when you have the view, I hope the records you use in the report dont have the alias built with their field names and use the views fields rather than the tables fields.

You can check and let us know. :)

Hi Ramani,

The records in the free table are there and correct. I have two versions of the report, one with the detail line's fields referencing the free table and the other report is referencing the view's fields. Either way, I only get the first records data and the rest of the records in the detail lines appear but there's no data - just zeroes and empty fields.

One thing that's really bizarre... the total number of detail lines always equal the total number of records in the free table - but just the first line has data.

Thanks (Again),

Dave

Hi Ramani,

Hold on a second...the number of detail lines equals the number of household members - NOT the number of income records that are actually in the free table.
First record on detail line is correct - the rest are zeroes and blanks.

The DataEnvironment in my report has the master record (PSForms) is linked to the the HH Members (HHMems) table by it's unique ID. The master record (PSForms) is also linked to the Income (IncRecs) table by it's unique ID. The IncRecs is the free table.

How does the number of blank IncRecs equal the number of HHMems when prining out the IncRecs if they are not connected?

FYI: the IncRecs usually have two or three records for every HHMem

Thanks,

Dave

Hi DSummZZZ,

Posted before I saw your question. The relations exist between the PSForms and the two other tables via the PSForms unique ID number. The HHMems have the PSFormsID and their own HHMemeID. The IncRes actually has both the PSFormsID and the HHMemsID as fields in the record.

No UDF's or junk in the DataEnvironment. Still can't figure it out.

Thanks,

Dave

Hello,

Can't explain why this was happeneing but I added an index on HHMemsID field to the IncRes table, (but not using it) and it went away - the IncRes records now appear in the detail line.

Thanks For Your Time,

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back