Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hello, I've got a major problem,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phrisbee

MIS
Jan 15, 2002
NL
Hello,

I've got a major problem, since 2 days my users get the error message "there is no route to the specified subnet adress" and they can't login.

I've tried everything, restarted the router. that didn't solve the problem.

What could be the solution, i don't know it anymore

thnaks, Raymond

Hi there,

Can you tell me a bit more about the config of the network / the clients? are they configured using DHCP or does each machine have a static IP address. In either case, what has been CHANGED recently?

Nothing has changed recently, it's a DHCP Network, with thinclients, windows 2000 and Citrix Metaframe XP

Ok we need to know the IP configuration for us to help, the router type how many clients, the subnets in use, all the really juicey technical stuff

Have you modified or deleted the routing table? To check this type ROUTE PRINT at a cmd prompt. To get further information use ROUTE ?

The problem is, we have put another IP address to the server, to manage it from a distance.
After a reboot, the Ica-clients from citrix couldn't connect anymore.
We noticed that when we looked at the configuration from Metaframe XP that there were 2 ip adresses.
So what could be the problem ?, we think that the clients connect to the server, there they are getting information with the wrong ip adres, so when they connect again to get information from the network, the router refuses the connection.
Now here's my new question, and i think i should put in in the citrix forum ;-), how can i let my clients connect to my server, and give them the correct ip adres ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back