Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hello, In VoiceMail Pro i progra

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarcVerheijen

Technical User
Apr 16, 2015
NL
Hello,

In VoiceMail Pro i programmed an action Leave Mail. I selected a recorded prompt and with Specific i selected Mailbox and entered a Group's internal number ( for exapmle 18886 ).
When i call the number and i reach the Leave Mail Action, it plays the selected, recorded prompt i want customers to hear, but after that it plays a default prompt.
"Number 18886, no one is available to take a message, please leave a message after the beep". Where is the setting that callers won't hear that default prompt but only the recorded prompt and then a beep?

A second question is that if someone leaves a message after the beep, how can a user in that group listen to that message? i tried a shortcode Voicemail Collect and then phonenumber "18886" but when i call that shortcode, i hear that Remote Access is not configured for this mailbox.

Can anyone help me with this?

Kind regards,
Marc Verheijen

You should use a 'voice question' instead of a 'leave' action.

Enter the prompt there, specify a time the calles has to leave a message, and dump the message in the correct mailbox.

Then, on the users 'Source number' tab, enter 'Hxxx' (where xxx is the HG number.

Thanks for the help. The "voice question" instead of the "leave" action did the trick.
I made a source number H18886 at a certain user. For entering it, i need to use the shortcode i made? Voicemail Collect with number ""18886" ?

No, a source number is not the same as a shortcode.

But once the user is a member of the hunt group and has the source number set. You can enter the messages via 'visual voicemail'

Just enter the VM button on the extension.

I don't have buttons to programm. It's 3rd party Dect phone thay have for listening to the the voicemails.

Then you need to create a(user) shortcode like you mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back