Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hello! I'm 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mobyland

Programmer
Oct 2, 2007
UA

Hello!

I'm looking for good php editor. What can you recommend me?

Thank you

Among the free editors: I like Notepad++ the best. I've tried notepad2, arachnophilia (an HTML editor) and others.

i'm currently using the aptana beta. a little bit counter-intuitive but otherwise no compaints so far.

i've also been using dreamweaver for years. recently got disenchanted with it since it is sooo slow running through rosetta on an intel mac. the newer version is better/faster but i'm not convinced about the upgrade price.

i've heard good things about Komodo too. but not used it yet.

I have been using for years UltraEdit
in conjunction with a local LAMP
(needed for checking output)
does really good

Last night I used notepad++'s macro's to easily convert phpinfo() Core Values into a php.ini. (Godaddy lets you add your own php.ini but you cannot copy their's.)

Codelobster php edition. Has basic necessary tools for php developing - code highlighting, outocomplete, "jump" to declaration of function or class like in MS Visual Studio, handy debugger, help on php and html.

Suggest you to have a look here:

It's free

Myself i have 2 editors that i really like

Zend

and phpdeveloper ( the free version is nice but the pro version is cool too.) I have both. When im on my mac I also like bbEdit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back