Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hello, I wonder if someone can hel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danny316

Technical User
Oct 15, 2001
GB
Hello,
I wonder if someone can help me,
We are using notes 5, but when my colleague clicks on "New Memo" then trys to click on Address as if to get the name from an address book they get the following error
"You can not add a directory to your workspace"

Has anyone heard of the error in this instance before ? If so what is the fix

Any advice is welcomed

Thanks
Danny

Check your collegue's client version and license type. Both can be found on the Help> About Lotus notes spalsh screen. Top right and bottom left corners.

I would try the following:

1. Exit Notes
2. Delete Cache.dsk from the ...Notes\Data directory
3. Launch Notes
4. Compact the Workspace

This has worked for users receiving the same error message while opening their mail file database; so hopefully it will fix the problem when your user clicks New Memo.

Ron

Hello Ronp

How do you compact the workspace ??

Thanks
Danny

Exit out of the DB. Select it and then database properties. Go to the information tab abd you'll see a compact button.

Danny,

Right-click on 'open space' on the Workspace page and select "Workspace properties"(or with no database icons selected on the Workspace page press 'Alt - Enter'). Click the 'beanie-cap' tab then click 'Compact'.

Please let me know whether or not this resolves the problem. If it does, I'd like to add it to our Knowledgebase in case we ever see this problem display.

Thanks Danny.

Ron

Thanks Ronp,
I will let you know if it works !!

Gamesman, thanks for your advice but that would only compact that database and not the workspace

Appreciate the help and advice
Danny

True. I didn't realize that ronp said workspace, so when I saw it in your post I figured you just wrote the wrong thing. My mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back