Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hello , I need a dts that reads

Status
Not open for further replies.

User200300

Programmer
Sep 9, 2003
PT
Hello ,

I need a dts that reads the data from a table , and with
this data navigate to a Url .
Example:

Execute sql task: ActiveX Script Task:
select Id,name ----> Navigate to :
from users ...
could someone tell me how to do this, or another way with Dts's that could work?
thanks,
Paul

user200300,

I'm not sure exactly what you are asking for.

DTS is primarily for the simple(?) transformation or movement of data between two locations.
Almost invariably, it has little, or no, interaction directly with other applications.

From what it appaesr you are asking, you want the DTS package to open an instance of a browser to a set URL. The problem I can foresee is that the DTS package (usually) resides server-side, whereas the browser is a client-side application.

Logicalman

That's a tough one. I know you can specify an HTML as a file SOURCE, but to navigate to a URL???
You can create a custom task using a DLL. It should be possible to write a DLL that will open IE for example and go to a specific URL. (I don't write DLL's so don't ask me how.) You can then create & call that custom DLL task in your DTS package. But as LogicalMan pointed out the browser will open on the server.
Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back