Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hello, I have an "oldie but good

Status
Not open for further replies.

DasaniDrinker

IS-IT--Management
Oct 1, 2002
US
Hello,

I have an "oldie but goodie" Gateway PC with enough strength to run NT Workstation and loaded software without any problems. However, today the user wants to know why the speakers they just plugged in are not working. I looked at it and they have plugged them into the "integrated" sound card on the back of the Gateway PC. *** NT says there are no sound cards loaded.***

How can I get NT Workstation to recognize the integrated sound card?

Thanks in advance.
DasaniDrinker

You would probably have to see if you could download some drivers (from the Gateway website??) and install them. NT would not have detected the integrated soundcard because it is not a proper plug and play system. -----------------------------------------------------
"It's true, its damn true!"
-----------------------------------------------------

NT won't detect the card automatically. Try to find the NT drivers and install them (control panel > multimedia > devices).

If it is a soundblaster compatible card you could try loading the Sound Blaster Drivers from the NT CD, Look on the CD and follow the instructions.

Kind Regards, Paul Benn

**** Never Giveup, keep trying, the answer is out there!!! ****

Thanks everyone! I will give it all a shot and report back later today if possible.

DasaniDrinker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back