Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hello, i have a program that was

Status
Not open for further replies.

spool

Technical User
Jan 20, 2003
US
Hello,

i have a program that was written by a Delphi program.
I have a copy of Delphi 7. The program is a warehouse inventory program. It has a number of windows with buttons that open other windows that information can be entered. I would like to change some caption names on the entry forms to reflect what I am actully entering and show up with that change on the report print out. I don't want to change how the entry data is stored just the caption titles.

I open Delphi and Click on file>open>and then the open window appears. I find the program and opened up files one at a time. I see the code but I can't get the form to open so I can change captions. I don't know if there is a form associated with each of the files that I opened but none show up. Just code. The file extensions are db, mb, px, srw, val, tv. The program was configured in BDE Alias Configuation.

Can someone steer me in the right direction. Thank you for any help you can give.

spool

By the sounds of the extension names you're giving you're not neccessarily looking at Delphi files. It appears that you've been given the Paradox database files - these having extensions of .DB, .MB, .PX, etc.
Delphi files have the extensions .pas / .dfm and .dpr (the main project file).
I hope that this is helpful and doesn't cripple your progress.
Steve

If all you have, other than those file types you mentioned, is an .exe file, then you probably don't have the source code. Without the source code, you cannot make the changes you have indicated you want to make.

Ralph D. Wilson II
<http:thewizardsguild.com>

&quot;Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.&quot; A.C. Clark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back