Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hello, I am having a terrible t

Status
Not open for further replies.

daniel2245

Technical User
Jul 20, 2016
US
Hello,

I am having a terrible time getting a hunt group to work with Nortel phones using call pilot version 1.5 .

Using the phone i can get into program mode and get to hunt groups. Its a simple group, only 2 extensions, and I can enter the extensions. They are both set to appear and ring, both set to a delay of 2, the group is set to sequential. I have assigned a line. Basically if the person is busy on line 1 I want it to go to line 2, without using call forwarding. The hunt group shows up on a button on each phone, it just does not work. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank You

Dan

The phone system does not control Rollovers (HuntGroup) from line to line, that is the Carriers feature.
The system has it's own Hunt Group which can be used with lines in a different way then you want or for an option on the voice mail system(best choice to use).

Lines example
So if you have 3 lines and 2 Members then you can put all 3 lines in the Hunt Group and add 2 members.
So if line 1 rings and first member answers when line 2 rings the second person will get the call.

From Auto Attendant
If you have AA answer and say for customer support press 1 then point 1 to the hunt group and add your members but do not add lines in this case.

Hunt Groups do not play well with Line Appearances on a set so depending on software level of the KSU and your setup will depend if it works well or not.

Broadcast—rings each telephone in the group simultaneously. Calls
are handled one at a time. Subsequent calls are queued. As soon as a
call is picked up, the call next in the queue is presented to the Hunt
Group without having to wait for queue time-out.
In Broadcast mode, a single incoming call rings simultaneously at all
the telephones in a group. This way, all receptionists in the group can
share the load of answering large volumes of calls. All telephones
automatically display the calling line identification (CLID), if
available. A familiar example is a fund-raising campaign where a
group of operators are waiting to take each call as it comes in.

Sequential—starts the call at the first telephone in the Hunt Group and
distribution is complete when the first idle telephone has been found.
Simultaneous calls can be presented. Distribution is order based.
In Sequential mode, you can program your top salesperson to be the
first member of the group to receive incoming calls.

Rotary—the call starts at the telephone after the one which answered
the last call. Distribution is complete when the next idle telephone has
been found. Simultaneous calls can be presented. Distribution is order
based.
In Rotary mode, you can ensure that all your helpline people are
receiving calls on an equal basis, rather than one person receiving the
majority of calls. The call rings at one set at a time in a round robin
fashion.

Add me to LinkedIN

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, CAN

Thank you, I believe I understand. Using Nortel phones (T7316 model) is there anyway when person 1 is on the phone a call to her can be answered by person 2?

Thank you

Dan

You should first describe exactly (walk us through the call flow) what you want to happen and include if these calls are coming from Auto Attendant (suggested) or not and where the call should end up if no answer.

Add me to LinkedIN

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, CAN

I work in a financial planning office, one of the reps has more than 1 assistant, each assistant having his or her own responsibilities. In this case we are talking about incoming calls to the assistant that handles appointment setting (assistant 1). If a call comes in and she is away for lunch or her phone is busy the rep wants the call to be routed to the assistant who enters new client information (assistant 2). If both are busy or away from their desks, it should go to voicemail.

Thank you

Dan

4 Questions

-You still need to answer this:
" calls are coming from Auto Attendant (suggested) or not" ?
This means do callers first get Auto attendant and a choice to press X for the assistant?
Or do they have a private line that rings at their phone?
Remember we cannot see or hear what you do.

-If AA what do you say in the greeting?

-Does the one assistant have an Answer key to answer the boss's phone? or do people know to ring the assistants DN once they get Auto Attendant?

-What about if I want to call any assistant direct on other matters not concerning the boss, is one to answer the others calls still?

Depending on above depends if HG, Answer DN or Forward All Calls is used.

Add me to LinkedIN

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, CAN

the incoming calls are answered by the front desk (a live person) and transferred to the appropriate person, there is no press 1 for this or 2 for that, all calls are answered by one of the two front desk people.

The assistant does not have a key to answer the boss' phone, the front desk people never send a call to the boss, always to an assistant first, who can make an appointment for the boss to call back. (the assistants have access to the boss' outlook calendar, so they avoid schedule problems) If word really HAS to get to the boss, the client is put on hold, and the assistant walks tot he boss' office, they are all clustered right next to each other.

as far as I know, there is no direct line to anyone (if there is we do not use it) all the calls go to the front desk who transfers them appropriately. I assume if assistant 1 were busy and a personal call came in, ideally it would go to assistant 2 who would take a message and send a quick email back to assistant 1.

The basic thought is assistant 2 is hardly ever on the phone, the information she handles has to be gathered face to face, so when assistant 1 is busy, this gets the client to a human quicker, avoids having to rely on voicemail.

Thank You

Dan

Sounds like you need to setup your HG properly
-HG01 DN 465
Both sets as members, under each member settings make it Ring Only to save on keys.
Make is as you have - Sequential
Do NOT assign lines.....keep them out of it since they are answering a transferred call and not a ringing line.
Q timeout to 15 seconds (4 rings)
Overflow to XXX

This is the sticky part, where do you want the call to end up when nobody answers the HG?

You could create a mailbox 465 and assign it to DN 465, then your Overflow should point to the DN of Callpilot (F985 to see it)
This way it does not interfere with their own personal mailbox.

You can setup Off Premise Notify to call Internal 2XX to let them know a message is in the box....maybe even 465, I forget.

Add me to LinkedIN

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, CAN

hello,

my apologies, I have been out of the office a few days.

Thank you for your help

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back