Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hello everybody, I'm desperate!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee73

Technical User
Jan 16, 2004
IT
Hello everybody,

I'm desperate!!! :-(((
I have a very big problem:
When I try to refresh some reports containing Date Prompt filters on WeBI using Refresh List function, the Date format is shown in US format mm/dd/yyyy instead of
the Italian format dd/mm/yyyy as set in the original reports...
I checked that the regional setting of WeBI machine is set
correctly in dd/mm/yyyy, also the Data cointained in the DB
tables are in the same format..

Pls!!!! could anyone give me a hand??
Thank you in advance
Ciao.

I also had this problem for a short while, in the end i rebuilt the reports and it seemed to eliminate it. I think it's a bug

Thanks Smyth,

but I have around 60 reports with this problem..and also
as we have two different WeBI installed and periodically we transfer all the reports in the first to the second..I think this is not a good solution for us..

Sabry

This is a problem with your OBDC set-up. The following solution may vary slightly depending on which dB you are using, for WebI you'll need to check your server config, for Full Client your local config...

Under the BO install directory (usually c:\program files\business objects - on windows) in the directory "Data Access 5.0" you should have a directory for your dB ( Oracle or db2). In the appropriate directory you should see one or more .sbo files. These contain various ODBC parameters, the one we're interest in is called "InputDateFormat" or some such and will have a default date format defined against it, if you adjust this to your prefered format e.g. change 'mm/dd/yyyy' to 'dd/mm/yyyy' this should solve your problem.

The bit I've never found an adequate explaination for is how BO ever manages to use the other date format and why it occasionally reverts to the default.

Anyway, let me know if this solves your problem.

G.

Ciao Garethe,

thanks for your help,
I tried different solutions:

- change the settings in the *.sbo file putting the correct format "dd/MM/yyyy";

- change the settings in the "regedit" Control Panel/ International settings;

- change the Windows Regional Setting;

It works for a little period then the problem reappear..
Do you know if the Oracle Server language setting could impact on the Oracle Client setting?

Do you know where Webi takes the language setting? How the Date prompt LOV file it's generated from Webi?

Is there some workaround I could do in Designer module?

Thanks very much.
Ciao

Sabry

We have exactly the same problem, but we use SQL Server 2000. SBO files have been changed, also resource_en.msg file but still dates are the wrong format. Full client works fine, so it's not the database at fault. Business Objects suggested checking the registry as well as the control panel but these are all OK. It is happening on more than 1 WebI installation (done by different people). Anyone have any more suggestions? Business Objects don't seem to have any.

Ciao GeoffT,

now I feel better, cause I thought that I was the only person with this problem :))

I posted a lots of msg on different forum but seems that nobody know the solution...as soon as I will receive some
news I'll let you know...

I did not yet make test on "resource_en.msg"..can you pls tell me where the file is located?

Thanks

Sabry

Lee,

Does it happening only for FC reports refreshed in WebI???? Does the FC reports refreshed from FC shows the values in DD/MM/YYYY???? One more thing is LOV file is not generated by WebI but instead its done at the Universe Level. So far I've not run into this issue but one can do some workaround to show in DD/MM/YYYY..

Sri

Hi Sridharan,

Yes it happens only for reports created in FC and viewed in WEBI. When the report is shown in FC the date format is in dd/mm/yyyy (correctly).

At Universe level the Date field contain this select:

To_Date (Table.DateVarchar, "dd/mm/yyyy")

and the above object is associated to a Lov file "Data04k.lov"

As I tested and understood the Lov file is recreated each
time we perform a refresh of the report containing the Date field.

Do you have any suggestion?

Thanks very much.
Ciao

Sabry

there are some diles .sbo there you can change te format

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back