Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hello all, I was wondering how i

Status
Not open for further replies.

asiavoices

Programmer
Sep 20, 2001
CA
Hello all,

I was wondering how i could have my Win2K server added to my exisiting NT Domain WITHOUT their assistance or knowledge.

The reason being is that our department (engineering) have been using Win2K and they like it and have built applications for this platform already. The IT/Tech support desk said that they won't discourage it but won't support it. The Support is a bit slow as they said that they would not support anything above win95!

So... how can I add my server to their domain without having the need to have IT support's "help" (more like hinder desk :-Q than help desk).

thanks,

Christopher

Hello,

Don't you need an administrator password to join the NT domain?

I don't want to have to get it from them....

thanks,

Christopher

Short and simple, you can't add it to the domain without the administrator rights i.e. admin password. Additionally adding it to the domain without them knowing that it has happened, will be real tough unless they are complete idiots. Jim

Get a new support team. Seriously, that is redicoulus if they won't support anything over win95. Unfortunately, you cant join unless you have the admin password. And, if you do have it, then they are idiots and very incompetent.

Thanks for all your feedback.

Because I work for the government, they tend to be content when things are "working with their scripts" so I guess they do not want "surprises" when a new thing comes along and God forbid, have to learn something new and change things LOL .

Oh well..

thanks again,

Christopher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back