Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Heavy static on PRI calls in i2004 series

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pats14

Technical User
Oct 1, 2003
US
I have a BCM 4.0 with Call Center installed, it is a small call center, it has 12 agants and takes 400-500 calls a day. Of those 8-10 of those calls have heavy static on them, and the far end can hear the agent but all the agent hears is heavy static. I have this thing patched up, but that didnt help. The calls come in in a PRI, and it is a 4.0 only 6 weeks old, they started getting the problems 2 weeks ago. I called to carrier but they said the span is clean.

did your telco send a tech out to do an end to end test of the pri? make test calls via the T1 test set?

To answer SupportDude,

All agents have had the issue.

As you mentioned,they are i2004 phones.

They DO all have headsets..but how likely is it that it is a headset issue? Also,this problem started 2 weeks ago, the BCm had been just fine before that. the BCM is only 6 weeks old.

To Dasheen,

Telco "tested" the line on Sat but they did so remotely. I think I am going to see if they( the agents) will go for marking the arclog with that feature code when static happens and sending it to Nortel, I just have to remember what that code was.

Are they all in the same location?

Are they all wireless headsets? I've had issues in the past with multiple wireless headsets in close proximity.

The code you're thinking of is Feature 9*9.

It's highly unlikely the digital trunk is causing the problem. I'd be looking at the customer network, the codecs and payloads on the IP sets, the PECs, and lastly the headsets ... unless as endlesswinter stated they are all wireless headsets.
Network issues can cause audio distortion on IP sets.

-SD-

Just to confirm that it is not a headset problem, have one of the agent use his handset for a day and see if he has static during that period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back