Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Heated cabinets suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

MontrealSoft

Vendor
Oct 5, 2002
CA
Hi guys,
I have a customer with small installations across the city.

Problem is a few of them aren't heated in winter time, and being in Canada, temperatures can go down to -20, sometimes lower.
What would you guys use in these situations ? We have a switch, small router, modem and a small NVR, so we need about 6"x19"x17" if we compact stuff a bit.

Thanks for any idea you can provide.

MontrealSoft.com

To be honest, I don't trust heated cabinets at all, mostly because of the great danger. This cabinet contains your things, which can ignite from a short circuit. Also, such a cabinet will not give as much heat as a radiator. When I bought a new house, I immediately changed radiators and used cheap radiators, which I was happy with. Now my house is warm, and I don't have to worry about my safety.

Thanks for your opinion Bvgary, but in this case, it's a tiny installation in the middle of a park by the river, 12'x4', without any kind of insulation.
I'm scared just thinking about the heating costs of that building, and I have installations in 6 of them.
I found manufacturers specialized in that cand of casings, but I was hoping not to have to spend 500$+ for each location.

MontrealSoft.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back