Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hears only self when answering 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

swebigmac

Technical User
Sep 2, 2014
US
I have an issue....
System ip office 8.1 sp 9 (85).

Sometimes (1 out of 10 times) when answering a call, (avaya 9608) I only hear my own voice. I have to put the caller on hold and then bring the caller back in order to hear the caller. The caller hears me all the time.

this is really irritating. Anyone would be able to think of a solution?

We have a pretty small system, only 5-6 dects and 3 9608's connected to the pbx.

Run the upgrade again and see to that all boxes are checked.

Kind regards

Gunnar

2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg

Solved: It seems the problem is now solved. Our PBX provider did some Heavy log file checking, and found out that the SIP provider and PBX were not using the correct RTP port that was just negotiated. They tracked this to a faulty combo card within the PBX and replaced it. It has been working ever since (3 Days now) without any issues. Case probably closed.

That's great news [smile]

Thanks for sharing the solution to this issue!

Kind regards

Gunnar

2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back