Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hears only self when answering 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

swebigmac

Technical User
Sep 2, 2014
US
I have an issue....
System ip office 8.1 sp 9 (85).

Sometimes (1 out of 10 times) when answering a call, (avaya 9608) I only hear my own voice. I have to put the caller on hold and then bring the caller back in order to hear the caller. The caller hears me all the time.

this is really irritating. Anyone would be able to think of a solution?

We have a pretty small system, only 5-6 dects and 3 9608's connected to the pbx.

How many VCM channels do you have?

-Austin
ACE: Implement IP Office
qrcode.png

i have 10 channels. no congestion Count.

Fyi: I just noticed that I have recieved some package loss!! on the internal network to the extension that experiences this issue... funky

2014-09-02 13:21:01 46 Extension 300 192.168.0.50 192.168.0.220 4,2%
2014-09-02 13:59:45 86 Extension 300 192.168.0.50 192.168.0.220 7%

Have you tried connecting the phone directly to the switch?
Could many things, faulty switch port, cabling, or even the phone itself.

Kind regards

Gunnar

2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg

Internal or external calls?

Sip Trunk of ISDN trunk?

External incoming calls, has the same issue when transferring from dect handset to desk phone. Sip trunk.

And you're sure this only occurs on one specific phone?

If you are using DECT R4 in provision mode, check the frame rate on the base station.
It should be 20ms, but some releases defaults to 60ms sometimes on reboot.
(Typisk svensk programmering[smile])

Kind regards

Gunnar

2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg

I can add that we have had the sip trunk go through our zyxel zywall, and that that has not been troble free. Last week, our phone tecs rerouted the trunk to go outside the firewall and directly to our wan port. This has lessened the issues, but they are still present. Ill check the framerate. thanks

Sweden said:
our phone tecs rerouted the trunk to go outside the firewall and directly to our wan port
You got to be kidding me! Must be some genius techs you got there....

You will be hacked and it will cost you.

Looks like you have a bad setting on the IPBS, change that to 20ms. (this might help if the dects are in a Hunt Group with the 9608).

Did you check the phone directly on the switch?

Kind regards

Gunnar

2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg

Done deal. 20ms it is. And yes, DECTs and 9608's are on the same hunt Group.

Everything on the pbx wan port has been closed shut also all accounts has new long pw's, all extensions has pw's. Also, sip trunk has password block on out-of-sweden calls.

any more suggestions?

Yeah, get the firewall back on[smile]

What SIP provider do you have? Weblink?

Kind regards

Gunnar

2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg

Disable direct media path on IP trunk, IP stations and IP dect trunk.

On system > Lan > Voip enable RTP keep alive.

Disabling direct media path will only prove bad routing. It is not a solution!

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

I want to share some more details on this issue.

1) The problem started after updating the software. If i remember correctly, to 8.1 (85) (current version)

2) The issues are the following:

a) Sometimes (1/10) when I answer the phone (9608 w headset) i hear myself only (local echo). The customer car hear what i'm saying, but i have to hit the wait/pause button and then the line button to bring the call back in order for me to her the customer.

b) Sometimes when speaking to a customer he stops hearing me, ie I go silent. I notice this because the customer is not answering my questions. Hitting R-button/pause/wait resolves the issue. This happens on all phones.

c) Sometimes when answering the phone there's a lot of clicking noise in the media path. It sounds exactly as a handover with an old school analog cell phone system and I can barely hear what the customer says. Sometimes these clicks comes 3-4 in a row, and normally, redialing the customer is the only option.​

Long shot, but could be that phones has incorrect firmware, Combo didn't upgrade, files not transferred to SD card.

Have you tried running upgrade again?

Kind regards

Gunnar

2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg

It seems im up to date with the firmwares

8.1 r9

Fw included with the release:
9608 / 9611 Telephone Firmware (Application file) 6.3.1.16_V452
9608 / 9611 / 9621 / 9641 Kernel V13r94

Fw in the phone:
Firmware 6.3116

Status