Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hearing Impaired

Status
Not open for further replies.

telecomproPA

Technical User
Apr 20, 2006
US
does anyone know what to buy for a new hire that's hearing impaired? i have someone that started this week and we just found out today that she has this problem.
she has a 3903 set. do i buy a new phone altogether or do i just need a special headset?

i would suggest a plantronic headset.. the vol control on the set itself it pretty strong.. i no longer need a hoh handset because of it.. the only ones i've seen worked only on analog

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

It would also depend on how much of an impairment they have. I have set up a couple of Ultratec Superprint 4425 TTY devices for staff that are hearing imparied on analog ports. I have also heard of amplified phones. If you google ameriphone dialogue you will see some.

i just plugged an amplified analog handset into a 2616 and it does not work.. it does work as a normal handset with lower vol but the vol up does not change the settings..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Dose this person use a hearing aid ? I have a couple of call center reps that are hearing impaired and use hearing aids. the headset that works great in this situation is made by a company called HATIS ( owned by a gentlemen who is hearing impaired) Here is the web site

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back