Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hearing dead air when connecting phone directly to port.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lifeshare4life

Technical User
Feb 15, 2012
US
When plugging an analog phone into a direct trunk port on the phone switch, I hear nothing. A couple weeks ago, when plugging an analog phone into the same ports, I could hear a dial tone and was able to determine which port was assigned to a certain number. The phone system seems to be working fine however. I did notice that the only dial tone I can hear when plugging directly into a port is from the 016 TRR card. Can anyone help?

Also, we recently called our phone company to disable a centrex line and change the outgoing caller I.D of several numbers. Not sure if this attributes any way to the problem.

It's possible that the port is programmed to go off hook on an outside line that is not connected or dead, instead of the normal internal dial tone.

Or, if it is every port on that card, it could be in maintenance busy.

Thanks Tom that would make sense. Is maintenance busy something I can control?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back