Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Health Checks for Search and Index CS16 16.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

CherylAnderton

Technical User
Nov 21, 2016
US
Hello,

I'm trying to pass health checks for Search and Index to my level I support. I need to make this very simplistic. I need them to check up/down status, whether pending documents are growing in the Interchange Pools, etc.

Does anyone have a script or urls or web reports they have created to do such? I know OT had urls to check thread status, up/down speed distributed agents, etc

Cheryl Anderton

Have you heard of a tool called 'OpenText Monitoring Agent' it is actually a simple java client that can do all the monitoring for you? It does not waste a thread I think to capture this. Search Ipools are basically an interchange process involving file system and it is not findable as a DB query. At most, you may be able to do a screen scraping program. Can you not create SOV alerts that can be sent to your monitoring team?

Well, if I called the wrong number, why did you answer the phone?
James Thurber, New Yorker cartoon caption, June 5, 1937
Certified OT Developer,Livelink ECM Champion 2008,Livelink ECM Champion 2010

Apparently we are on CS16 and I was told it doesn't work with a Dbbas Oracle database and to submit a ticket to OT for support of the clustered database. I was trying to see what I could do monitoring wise in the interim.

A tad late here. When we started using the Informant module, my work for all daily checks got cut down quite a bit. However, as you'd guess its not free. Probably worth its weight however, not that I know how much it cost. Besides that, I've seen some web site/server monitoring tools (some custom) that would monitor resources on servers and send notifications when thresholds are exceeded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back