Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Headset hangs up after 5 seconds

Status
Not open for further replies.

msimoneau

IS-IT--Management
Nov 20, 2023
US
Using SV9500 PC-Pro. Using DT800 phones and Polycom SAVI 7210 headset. Extension is programmed with FKY of 125 for headset. Using EHS cable from headset base to phone base. When tapping the button on the earpiece of the headset, hear dial tone for a few seconds and then nothing. Is there something wrong with the programming? I have attached screenshot of programming.
2847_p1zi4j.jpg

In ADKS LKP needs to be a 3 and then in AKYD make TP = 1 and then program the headset key on button 25. You may want to unplug the phone and plug it back in as well.

Thanks 3racefan3. I gave this a try, but it still is acting the same. Also, do you know what the options are for PRI (Priority of a Answering call)? The options are 0-4 but I can't find an explanation for each of the options. Thanks once again.

Just leave it at 0, and the programming I entered is the correct way to set up the phone for a headset and EHS cable
Capture_kxgrpi.png

Capture1_ws5dta.png

Also - if you plugged everything in with the phone powered you will have this issue and will need to unplug the phone and plug it back in.

I have changed AKYD - PRI to 0. Is there a certain period of time that the phone should remain unplugged (10 seconds?) before plugging it back in? We have unplugged and plugged the phone back in after the suggested programming and are still having the same issue. Very odd.

Is this an 8 button with the two displays? Try a different phone a 12 or 24 button, also it is possible that the pins got bent on the phone when plugging in the cable, had that happen before.

This is a 32 button capable phone. It does have 2 displays, one top showing caller ID, VM message, time, etc., the other showing 8 lines. There is a scroll key on the phone below the bottom display that will scroll through 4 pages of 8 lines each.
DT800_ITZ_IP_phone_wi6nqj.png

I have also had bent pins in the past.

The only other thing I can think of is in the admin menu of the phone you can specify what EHS cable you are using the default is none but there are options for APN or APD type cable, I have never had to change this from the default but you might want to try that.

Thanks. I haven't had to do this in the past either. How can I tell what the EHS cable type is? It's worth a try.

You know, I have had issues with the adapters powering the base. You might want to look at that.

CoralTech, are you referring to the power adapter for the base or the EHS cable? Thanks.

3racefan3, I found the cable type that we are using. APN-91. Thanks! I am going to try your suggestion.

3racefan3, I have modified the EHS cable to APN-91. It was set to None. The phone auto restarted after this change. They tested the headset again and it is still hanging up after a few seconds of dial tone when they press the earpiece button on the headset. I do appreciate all of your efforts on this issue!

Ya, check the base power supply(s). If you have another headset you might want to swap it and check. Never seen a power supply for the EHS...

Hi All,
Especially for 3racefan3...
Thanks for all of your help and suggestions. The issue was with the phone! The white plug on the EHS cable fell out when I checked it. I then saw that two of the pins were bent! Unfortunately, the phone wasn't replaced like I asked. But, all better now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back