Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Headset Button Won't Stay Illuminated on 9611 IP Phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turtlepuke

Technical User
Jan 9, 2008
US
I have a phone that when an agent logs in it acts like it's going to take her login, but after a few seconds the headset button goes out as well as the AUX WORK or AUTO-IN buttons.
I have made sure that the AUDIO PATH is set to HEADSET. I have also made sure that in the station form AUTO ANSWER is set to ACD. I have already rebooted the phone twice.
Firmware is 6.6029
Any ideas?

Swap out the phone for a known good one?

'Knows enough to be dangerous. Wait... make that really dangerous.'

It's really odd. I moved the bad phone to my desk and kept the extension the same. When I plug it in at my desk the headset button stays illuminated and it works correctly. I would just chalk it up to a reboot, but I had already rebooted it twice before and it didn't fix it.

Check your 46xxsettings.txt file. There are a lot of parameters associated with using the 9611 as an agent and how various buttons work.

The station/agent in CM needs to be setup for auto-answer otherwise the headset will go off after they receive login confirmation tone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back