Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Headset Answering Mode - HELP~!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HKNinja

MIS
Nov 17, 2002
US
This is driving me crazy. I hope someone know the simple answer!

I've Avaya S8700 system w/ Avaya 4612 IP phones.

FACTS:
When headset is OFF, you answer the call by lifting the handset or pressing the speaker button.

When headset is ON, you answer calls by lifting the handset then press the line to answer.

PROBLEM:
I want to use a handset lifter so I can answer call while away from the phone with a wireless headset. However, the call is not answered after the handset lifter lifted the handset because it required to push the line button! I can't find the setting anywhere to disable this so it'll answer the same way with or without the headset enabled! Someone know how to do this, please advice!!!!!

- H

If you are going to use a lifter, the headset base must be connected to the handset port and the handset connected to the headset base.

What model headset are you using?

That's exactly how it is connected right now. The headset works fine. The lifter works fine. The phone is not. It has something to do with the phone's configuration.

FACTS:
When headset is OFF, you answer the call by lifting the handset or pressing the speaker button.

When headset is ON, you answer calls by lifting the handset then press the line to answer.
------

Just to clarify

Headset off = headset completely disconnected from the phone

Headset on = headset connected to the phone

Right?

I asked the above question because when you are using a lifter, you are technically using the wireless headset through the handset jack. When 'headset' is ON, voice traffic per se is sent to that headset jack. You shouldn't need to use the headset button.

Not really. When headset button isn't on, the handset lifted, the voice goes to the handset.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back