Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Headset and M3904 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dkluth

Technical User
Nov 10, 2005
US
Hello,

Does anyone have experience with headsets and M3904's? I was using 2616's and with that phone they plugged this box into the handset port and plugged the handset into the box. Then you switched between the headset and handset by using the box.

On the 3904 when you select a line with that box plugged in it goes to handsfree. I know the 3904 has a headset button and port. How do I turn that on? Is it a CLS option?

Thank You,

Doug

Your Class of service may be OK, you may want to go to "Options" on the 3904 and scroll down to "Headset Port On Call" and turn it on. Different Headsets connect different ways,
1. Some headsets need their DIP Switches set to a specific position for Digital and Analog phones.
2. One type will plug into the Center Jack between Line Cord and Handset Cord.
3. Another Type will have the Handset cord pluged into the Headset Box and the Headset box will plug where the Handset cable went.
Some sets need to have the Handset off-hook to work.
Other sets have switches on the Box to control use between Handset and headset.

Look your Headset type up on the Internet to download the manual.
Good Luck
L.A.CityTech

I have a corded Plantronics that can plug in the headset port without an amplifier/base unit. A lot less bulk and it enables all the 3904 option controls for headsets.

A call to Plantronics is always informative - they have a good knowledge base on what works with what

~

You can eliminate the box for the headsets. The M3904 gets its power from the phone switch. The only thing the box is providing is the amplifing you need for the headset. Plug the headset directly into the back of the 3904(headset port in the middle)and ditch the box. It should work just fine then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back