Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Headset and base station question for Openstage 40Ts 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MerlinJ

Technical User
Aug 15, 2012
US
Since the install of the Openstage 40T phones here, several users have asked for which headsets to use on these phones, as the old ones don't work.

With my old system, Plantronics Telephone Headset System S12s were used. It connected between the phone and handset.
The Siemens sales rep swore up and down that they would work on the 40Ts in the headset port. Sadly, that was untrue. The 4 pin connector moves around inside the 8 pin port and kills the connection.

I don't think a base station is needed anymore for the 40Ts as the mute button is located on the 40T, and I want to use the headset port for this to work.

Does anyone have any good recommendations for headsets that will work? I've found a headset list that Siemens posts is supported with the 40Ts, but all seem to have quick-disconnect ends, and not one for actually plugging into the unit.

Thanks!

I have not yet hooked a headset up to a 40, but I have hooked them up to Optipoint 400 series phones, and initially it was a challenge, but I won in the end. I'll try to spare you the misery....

You need to buy a Plantronics POLARIS Modular coiled cord to QD connector, Part number 27190-01. Typical cost between $27 and $29. I get mine from Black Box Resale and the part number from them is N27190-01, but you should be able to get them from anywhere that sells Plantronics stuff. It is important to get the POLARIS version and not the replacement cord for the plantronics amplifier (M22) because it won't work. The above cord has an RJ11 on the end of it rather than the MMC end from a handset cord, and it won't roll around in the 8-pin jack.

Once you have the QD cord hooked up to the phone you can use any Plantronics headset top you want. We use a lot of HW251 headsets and a few H-41 and H-81 models as well. The HW251 is supposedly optimized for wideband, and is a good and relatively inexpensive choice if your people don't mind the headband.

Hope that helps.

Hi,

I have connected old type wired headsets to the OS40HFA phones, this was sennheiser headsets, and Sennheiser actually have an RJ11 to RJ45 adapter

that solved the problem for me :)

/J.U.T

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back