Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Headers from FrontPage

Status
Not open for further replies.

tcorrigan

Programmer
Jun 3, 1999
US
Is there any way to create HTML headers through FrontPage?

You mean like Heading 1, Heading 2, etc? If so, all you need to do is select the text you want to apply the style to, and click the style dropdown box from the Formatting toolbar. Scroll down until you find Heading 1, Heading 2, etc.

No I mean the data in the <HEAD> section of the page. Specifically 1) I want to add static <META> tags and then 2) add dynamic <META> tags based on data fetched from the database based on info in the query string. An alternative to the <META> tags is to create a dynamic <TITLE> based on information fetched from the database.

In XP, you have to go to Tools>Web Settings>Parameters. FrontPage 2003, which I'm beta testing, does have an improvement on this--you can just go into the Page Properties for each individual page and add the meta tags for the Keywords and Description. It was a shame they didn't do that earlier!

This looks like it supports the static <META> tags but how about the case where I need to generate the <META> tag content from the results of a database query?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back