Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

He he my boss has deleted his tool bars in formula editor

Status
Not open for further replies.

IanStrange

Programmer
Sep 16, 2002
GB
Hi
Can any one help I cant seem to get them back.

No man is an island but 6 tied together make quite a good raft.

In Crystal 8.5, there are report icons for Report Fields, Icons and Functions. Click to add or remove.

You can also shuffle the windows, if you don't like the default format.

Madawc Williams
East Anglia, Great Britain

We are using Crystal 8.0 and there is noting in hisformula editor only the cursor no right click options.

Try pressing Alt-T while the formula editor window is open

In version 9 I made the mistake of moving the Formula Editor's snap-in panels around - now I can't get the field list to dock anywhere - it just floats...

Not sure if Crystal uses home-made user-controls or licensed controls... wish I knew so I won't end up using some of them in my own apps... This docking issue isn't the only GUI-gliff - you have to click into a section before you can select something from it - if you right click the Field Explorer sometimes while the focus is somwhere else it doesn't respond with the right menu - the dead-zones around the resize handles are too small causing moves when you mean size - in the Select Export you can't use the keyboard to select form the drop box; it'll go blank, you have to click somewhere like the white space...

For the number of copies of this they ship...you'd think...

In the end we uninstalled crystal on his machine, wiped all registry entries and then re-installed and it was all back to normal.
He had done something similar moved the 3 docking windows tried to re dock them. Failed accidently resized them so now all he had is this tiny square box he can move around but he can make bigger.
Weird

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back