Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HDMI from PC to TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

wallie32

Technical User
Mar 16, 2002
GB
I am trying to link up my computer running Windows 7 and using a nVidia GeForce 220 card to my new Samsung UE326000 TV.
When I select the the HDMI I am using on the TV my desktop appears but overscanned in height and underscanned in width.
I go into the nVidia control panel on the PC and under Video and TV there is an option to resize desktop it shows a screen on TV with 2 sliders one for height and one for width, also 2 green arrows in the bottom left and right corners.
The sliders work but if I press Apply there is no difference, the green arrows do nothing.
I have been told there should be 4 green arrows one in each corner which you drag to resize screen, but I cannot by using the sliders get those top 2 arrows appear.

Any suggestions welcome.
wallie

in the nVidida control panel, make sure that the TV is correctly recognized and that you are using the NATIVE resolution of the TV (you may have to download the INF file from the Samsung website)..

also are you using the Windows drivers or one from the nVidia website?

Ben
"If it works don't fix it! If it doesn't use a sledgehammer..."
How to ask a question, when posting them to a professional forum.
Only ask questions with yes/no answers if you want "yes" or "no"

Thanks

The TV is selected in the nvidia control panel using native resolution 1920*1080.
I cannot find any INF file on the Samsung website under Downloads.
I downloaded and installed the latest Driver for my Geforce 220 card from the nvidia website.

wallie

You should not have to manually modify the size of the screen to make it fit. Selecting the right resolution should do that for you.

As a test, choose a lower resolution such as 1600x1200 to see if you can get the entire screen to show. If so, reboot leaving the Samsung enabled at that resolution. When you get back to your desktop, try using Nvidia's control panel utility to set the 1080p resolution again. There should be an option to select a TV resolution of 1080p instead of using a custom PC Monitor resolution of 1920x1080.

If that doesn't help, I recommend you contact Samsung considering it is new. Perhaps there is an issue within the firmware on that model.

~cdogg
"All generalizations are false, including this one." - Mark Twain
[tab][navy]For posting policies, click [/navy]here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back