Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HDM Service Failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rich875421

IS-IT--Management
Feb 22, 2006
GB
We have an issue where the HDM service stops just after midnight every night, this results in the previous days figures not being available for viewing until the service is restarted.

Has anyone encountered this problem and fixed it without destroying the Blue database.

Our engineers seems baffled and Nortel have offered no help at this time.

Regards

Richard

Also haveing the same issue, although it is every couple of days an not every night like Rich.

Any news on this from Nortel Rich?

Thanks,

B

Nortel is on skeleton staff for the next week - 10 days. Don't expect anything from them until after the holidays.

Hi Nortel are being very dificult as Symposium 5 is out of support !!

Do finally have a ticket from them, though i suspect i'm 1,000,000 th in the queue !!

Will let you know when they decide to help

Thanks Rich.....please keep me in the loop if you would as to what get's handed down from Nortel?

Thanks again..

Usual Question. Do you have the latest PEPs installed.

NN_SCCS_5.0_SU_07_S

Has a fix for HDM stopping..

Indeed we are up to date on PEPs

That is the first thing our engineers checked

Still awaiting on Nortel

I really doubt whether you will get any help from Nortel SCCS5 being end of Life. They wouldn't even sell us any agent licenses for one of ours. Have you got many scheduled reports that run at midnight? If so try to serparate the times at which they run. Perhaps you simply need a re-boot of the server.

if your SCCS has rebooted without being shut down correctly
you can have a cronic issue with services stoping.

I would shutdown the server correctly using the nortel shut down then reboot... good luck

All Fixed

Seems we had issues with one of the tables and Nortel have finally fixed it, more helpful than we give them credit for.

Table at fault: NIeAgentLoginStat

Fix (By Nortel remotely with no down time)

1. Make a copy of the table.
2. Dump the data out from that table into raw format.
3. Drop the index/es for that table.
4. Drop and re-create the table.
5. Re-Create the index/es.
6. Test the table access.

If all successful then:
7. Re-insert the raw data (as dumped in step 2 above).
8. Test the table access.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back