Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HDD light

Status
Not open for further replies.

jthacker70

Technical User
Jul 8, 2003
US
This is my first build and my HDD light is always on. I am certain I have the cable pluged into the motherboard correct.. but could it be the hard drive is always running??

Hard drive is always running anyway, unless you have one that has powerdown capabilities.
You have a drive select indicator light problem, and most are just ignored if everything is working OK.

Ed Fair
Any advice I give is my best judgement based on my interpretation of the facts you supply. Help increase my knowledge by providing some feedback, good or bad, on any advice I have given.

Ignore it was what i was planning on doing but i noticed one time when i took the case off that the HDD was really hot.. i have a case fan (120mm) and i'm not sure if the heat is normal

Some run hot, but generally the newer ones are cooler.
What are you using?

Ed Fair
Any advice I give is my best judgement based on my interpretation of the facts you supply. Help increase my knowledge by providing some feedback, good or bad, on any advice I have given.

100 GB E.I.D.E. DRIVES 7200 RPM, 8.9 ms, 8 MB, Ultra-ATA/ 100 ( OEM, PRIVATE LABEL BY MDT , 8 Months warranty from us)
Note: This harddrive is originally made by WD, label by MDT (See picture on the left). All OEM harddrives has technical support & warranty from us.

But i'm not too concerned.. i hope it is just a minor issue and not something to be concerned about

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back