Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Having trouble transferring calls 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nev2800

MIS
Dec 6, 2005
US
I have created an extension (x1234) that does not have a physical phone. All calls to this extension (x1234) are transferred to a secretary who is using a 6416D+ phone. The calls appear on her phone on the button assignment 9. I have this button set up as brdg-appr Btn: 1 Ext: 1234 Ring: r. Calls are coming to this extension on the button and the secretary can pick them up but when she tries to transfer the call to another extension, the transfer never goes through; the phone call just stays on the line. She can successfully transer calls that come in on her extension (x5678). Should she be able to transfer calls from x1234? Am I missing a setting?

Any guidance would be truly appreciated. Thank you.

ON page two of the change station screen make sure auto select any idle apperance is set to yes.

Check and make sure the the COS/COR are set with the same levels of permissions.

"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something."
(Plato)

Thanks letman! Your solution was exactly what I needed. Could you provide an explanation of the 'auto select any idle appearance' option? It was set to No by default. I could not find any explanation in the Avaya documentation.

Thank you again.

Avaya Admin Manual said:
Enter y to allow automatic selection of any idle appearance for transferred or conferenced calls. Communication Manager first attempts to find an idle appearance of the call being transferred or conferenced. If that attempt fails, Communication Manager selects the first idle appearance.
Since you are using a bridged appearance of the extension, you would need a second bridged appearance of the same extension in order to transfer the call - and perhaps a third bridged appearance if "Restrict Last Appearance" is set to Y.

Susan
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls, and looks like work." - Thomas A. Edison

You can press transfer and then press any available call appearance (if you have only 1 bridged) receive dialtone and dial the transferees DN and press transfer to complete. All you need is dialtone, doesn't matter where it comes from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back