Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Having to use CTL-Alt-Del after install of program 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiteTornado

Technical User
Jul 24, 2002
CA
After an external soft company installed PC Anywhere on this machine, on the start up window I now have the Ctl Alt Del screen showing up!! It was not like that prior to that, this is Windows XP Pro and it we only needed to write the user name and passwd to get it. Now after PC Anywhere was installed, I have this problem, it is not so much a bit deal other than it is ennoying.

I have searched google and various docs but I can't seem to find where to go to get that resolve.

Cheers!

If you want to remove the CTRL-ALT-DEL function then go to control panel--User accounts--Advanced and uncheck the require CTRL-ALT-DEL under secure logon. This should be available if you are not on a domain. Otherwise you can hack the registry to remove this
Cliff, CCNA/MCSE/MCSA 2000
Network Administrator

Hi - thanks fir the tip and link. Oddly - I was not able to locate the advance tab as you mentioned, I then choose to apply the registry change, but the bloddy C-A-D screen still shows up...!

cheers!

If you are using PCAnywhere, I would advice you keep the Control-Alt-Delete screen operational for security purposes. Otherwise, research this on the Microsoft Knowedge Base. (
Ben

Run control userpasswords2 to get access to advanced tab.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back