Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

having the date of the day appear in a form when it's opened

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ju

Technical User
Jul 4, 2000
FR
I'd like to have the date of the day to be automatically inserted in a form when I open it. <br>For now I have inserted in the defaulf value of it: date(),<br>but it doesn't &quot;refresh&quot; the date when I open the form.<br>I thought about a place in the &quot;before update&quot;, but my poor skills in manipulating the VBA code aren't enough.<br><br>Thanks for your help.

What do you mean, it doesn't refresh the date?&nbsp;&nbsp;What do you see when you reopen the form?

I see the date that appeared before.<br>For example<br>&nbsp;I have nothing ---&gt; firstly when I open the form there is nothing.<br>the i &quot;pass&quot; on the field (backspace) and ther appears the date.<br>What I want is not having to pass on the field to have the date of the day.<br><br>Thank you.

try out the =now() in the default value<br>then set the input mask for the format of the date you want to show.<br>C. Hoole<br><A HREF="mailto:video32a@earthlink.net">video32a@earthlink.net</A><br><br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back