Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Having Special characters on a report instead of a boolean or Logical

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wendz

Programmer
Aug 9, 2000
PH
Visit site
Hi to all!

How do I put special characters like a checkmark instead of .T. or .F. on the report? I find difficulty on this part. Hope you can help... Thanks

Wendz
edbb@lycos.com

There are some checkmark and checkbox characters in Wingdings. Just put a logical condition in the 'print when' code for the text.

To expound on SGLong's suggestion: you'd set the font for that column to WingDings, put a literal checkmark (whatever character creates the checkmark - use Windows' Character Map if needed), then in the Print When for that column, put in MyLogicalField.

An alternative, such as displaying "Yes" or "No", is to make the column expression something like this:

iif(MyLogicalField, "Yes", "No")

You won't need to put anything in the Print When box.

Robert Bradley

Thanks Robert and SGLong for your quick and good tips. Actually what I have questioned will be applied to the detail band would be this way: Photocopy Original Remarks
Marriage License Yes No (memo)
Birth Certificate Yes No
I have lots of this on the detail band and I find it difficult to set this field by field. I have read about something about setall command but it only applies to the command buttons or control. Is their any equivalent command like set all with my problem. Or what will be more applicable. I know that what you have recommended would be applicable but do I need to set it one by one for each field? Thanks for your help and I hope all you will not be tired of answering my questions. More Power to YOU ALL!!!

That couldn't be that many fields on this report, could there? It shouldn't take but a few minutes to do a dozen columns. Remember that you can copy and paste, and then open each one and change the field name.

Your comment about SetAll is ingenious, but as you found out it does not apply to reports, only to other container objects.

Robert Bradley

Thanks foxdev for your suggestion. I thought that there is also an equivalent command of setall in doing that report. Anyway, I have taken your advice and it is working right now. My only problem is displaying my fields on a separate detail band since I have fields which must be displayed on a separate detail band. Actually I have posted this on a separate thread... Thanks Again...

Wendz
edbb@lycos.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back