Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Having problems with Fax...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gfyadair

Vendor
Dec 12, 2007
Having trouble with fax in callpilot. Haveing several people complain that there faxes are not being received. Checked patches updated the system. Also have tried checking the fax suite keycodes and went through programming. Not sure why it does not do it to every customer or to all faxes. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Just not sure if there are any fax machines that are not compatiable or if there are some port issues. These by the way are through the Callpilot in a bcm 400 4.0 with fax suite going to the unified messager in Outlook email. Thanks again

I've had problems with faxing when my PSTN access is an IP PRI. I would assume since you have the fax suite that you have a PRI connected to the PSTN. Am I correct?

The fax messaging still does not work 100%. Sometimes it's the sending fax and sometimes the region(China, Canada's east coast and some states in the U.S). For some of our customers we had to put an ATA2 and a physical fax to fix the issue, even if the bcm was fully patched.
One fax lost is one too many for some customers and i can understand it.

Had similar problems here in the UK the fax server in the BCM just refused to talk to some fax machines...

had to use the same workaround with the ata2

The BCM 400 with the fax suite can only receive two faxes at a time. I know it sounds whack, but it's true. So, I learned the hard way not to sell it as a fax server. That's why the ATA workaround works.

Adversity is Opportunity

I have the same issue on my BCM 400 4.0. It is for a realty company and when someone sends a 30 page fax it takes forever for it to show up. I have the BCM monitor up and it shows it connected to the fax port and connected for 1 hr 13 minutes and still going. When I call a second fax number I just get dead air and never connects. Do we have 2 or 1 incoming fax ports on the fax messaging? Will the fax overflow keycode help this out?

Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back