Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Having problem while viewing the report from the Browser

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddyogili

Programmer
Apr 8, 2005
US
Hi guys i am having a problem while viewing the report in my browser.

i am trying to view the report from the browser using the following fashion

after entering this url and when i press enter instead of opening the report, it is getting me a New window File Download and is asking to me to open the test.rpt or save or Cancel.

When i press the open it is opening in Crystal Reports. I need to open this report in the browser, can anyone let me know what is the problem here.

By the way we have download the Crystal reports developer X1 and the Crystal Reports Server and installed. Now we are having a problem with this version. Can some one help me out.

one morething id i am able to open the reports that were developed in cr10 from the same browser, these reports are developed on a diff. server using CR10 and Ce10, here in the virtual directory---> App. Configuration window i can see .rpt,.csp,.cwr files

But in the other server we have installed Cr 11 and crystal Reports Server 11, when i checked the default virtual directory--> APP. Configuration the .rpt , .csp, .cri, .cwr files were missing, is that because of this that it is prompting me for save or open when i am trying on the browser.

Thankyou,
Reddy.

This isnt working out any other ideas please.

Thankyou,
Reddy.

When I installed CE10, I had the same problem (.cwr, .cri, .csp, .rpt files where missing too)....

Here is what worked for me! COURTESY OF KingfisherINC

"You do not have your web connector setup properly to redirect crystal pages to the WCS. Is the WCS on the same server as IIS?

IIS does not know what to do with .csp, .cwr file extensions. Are you using the Default website? (I assume not) you'll need to check the application extension mapping in IIS for extensions .csp,.cwr,.cri (and make sure they point to wcsisapi.dll).
Kingfisher"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back