Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Having an intermittent issue with dead air voicemails

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cat5Jive

Vendor
May 14, 2012
CA
Hi all!

We have a new IP Office install running 9.1.4 Essential Edition with Embedded voicemail. The majority of the 50 sets on the system are repurposed Nortel t7316e sets. We are having an intermittent issue with voicemails being left that are just dead air. This seems to be happening on both internal calls and trunk calls as well. The trunks are analog bell lines. Any tips on resolution or what might be causing this?

Thanks!

C5J

Maybe people are not leaving a message and hang up.

you say it happens internally as well..Try a reboot first.

Recreate the SD card.
Upgrade to 9.1.6

Just things to try.

Thanks for the reply Snowman. I guess they could be hangups and they get a dead air message due to the disconnect supervision on the lines. I will test further.

Thanks,

C5J

Confirmed to be a disconnect clear issue. Watching the monitor I called in and hung up before I got to the voicemail beep. Call stays connected for 10 or 15 seconds before it drops, hence the dead air voicemails.

I think it is dead air messages. We have a few clients with analogue trunks as well. When calling an extension from external and then externally hang up the internal extension still rings. So when the no answer timer kicks in the external party making the call already hung up.

One of my clients still got ringing for 5 cycles after the external party hung up... they immediately changes to ISDN.

Yes disconnect clear time will be an issue it not set up correctly.

Glad you found the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back