Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Having all phone rings when someone call the main #

Status
Not open for further replies.

edster4103

Technical User
Jun 21, 2010
US
I'm currently using an Extension Manager Ver 14.0 Ericsson MD110. The client would like to have all his phones ring when the call enter the main number. The first thing he would like is to give client a welcome greetings which we did record, and notify the customer to please hold for the next representative. The client gave me all the numbers that he would like to use. We've setup a Group Hunt, but according to the client when someone calls the main line all phone are not ringing at the same time. Any suggestions or tip are appreciated.

Thanks

how many phones does the customer have (and what type?)

/Daddy

-----------------------------------------------------
What You See Is What You Get
Never underestimate tha powah of tha google!

With a GH you normally set the parameters so that either longest free answers(rings) or cyclic ie. ext 1,2,3...and so for.

Why would you want every extension to ring?

You can set up an ADN that is multiply represented across all of the phones that you want to ring, so long as they are all DIGITAL.

You can have a common bell group - a loud bell will rung on the wall, and then whoever wants to take the call can key a sequence to pick it up.

You can have a Group Hunt which will select a handset (single numbers) based on the set up as Stripey has mentioned above.

And there is Parralell Ringing which may work for you if you have analogie Handsets and not too many of them (i don't reacll the detail on this, but can look it up for you if required) - However as Daddy has mentioned, more info required please - there may be a more suitable solution :)

I set this for a customer and in real life they did not like it, it makes such a noise in the office for when people are already on calls! Instead I set up a handset in the corner of the room to ring and set MNS monitoring of that handset on the extensions, users preferred this to all the noise (like a common bell setup)

best parnum

All set, we found a solution. Thanks for all your responses and suggestions. Sorry for getting back a little late first day of school.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back