Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Having a hard time believing the 9.1 docs 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jslewis

Programmer
Jun 30, 2004
US
I understand the legacy T1 is no longer supported, but IP400 DS16 and DS30 not supported, V1 and V2? Then to add to my confusion they left the "no" out in the "no longer supported" sentence. Could someone clarify this for me, or point me to a thread where it was discussed.
Thanks

Discontinued platform and application support

This release is supported on the IP500 V2 and the IP Office Server Edition only.
The following items are longer supported:

IP500 control unit

IP400 control units including expansion modules and plug-in modules on the Legacy Carrier Cards.

IP400 Phone 16 and 30 V2 expansion modules

IP400 DS16 and 30 expansion modules

Analog Trunk 16 expansion module

Customer Call Reporter (CCR)

Advanced Edition

IP Office Video Softphone on Windows for new installations (Avaya recommends using Avaya Communicator). Older versions of the Mac Softphone and Windows softphone will not be distributed by Avaya, however customers can still use them after upgrading.

ACA
ACS
ACIS
ACSS

That is a typo those items are NO LONGER SUPPORTED.

You may get them to work but Avaya won't support them. I pushed back pretty hard on them before 9.1 came out. Those items were causing the code to inflate and affecting the performance of other items.

on the ip400 ds modules, is it v1 and v2 not supported?

ACA
ACS
ACIS
ACSS

if you read the compatibility matrix you will see that certain IP400 expansion modules are supported (because that are identical to the ip500 models apart form the case colour)

This included the IP400 DS16/30 V2 (which is identical to the IP500 DS16/30) but not the V1

A Maintenance contract is essential, not a Luxury.
Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

Everything mentioning IP400 is not supported anymore except indeed for the V2 modules.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back