Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

having a form behave a subform

Status
Not open for further replies.

boiker

Technical User
Oct 19, 2001
US
The forms in question operate like this:

Form1 contains business information and a table called tblBusinessInfo, BusinessID is the primary key.

Form 2 contains contact information and a table called tblContactInfo, Business Id is the primary key to keep a one-to-one relationship between the tables. (i.e. one business, one contact)

There is a button on Form1 that opens Form2. I would like Form2 to open and behave like a subform (so that the ID number will be added if needed and I will be taken to the correct record if it already exists. Currently there is not data in tblContactInfo.

Instead of having 2 forms, try makeing one that is a tab form. That may work out better for you. Attach each tab to the table/query that you wish. To have the Business ID appear on the 2nd tab, enter something like this in the control source of the field Business ID on the 2nd. tab

Me.[Business ID] =Me. [Business ID]

HTH

An investment in knowledge always pays the best dividends.
by Benjamin Franklin

that may work, however, I already have 3 tabbed forms within this form already. i don't want another tab to add to the confusion. However, I will explore the option.

The goal was to have the form popup on click or something to attract the end-users attention. Also, the form may be called up independently, not as a subform in other cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back