Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Havin trouble findin exe files

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alizabeth

Programmer
Oct 29, 2004
US
Dose anyone know where I can go to download exe files????..............I had a virus and deleted two exe fiels.........One was C:/WINDOWS\temp\installer2.exe and the other one was C:/WINDOWS\temp\wupdt.exe..........I need some help if anyone knows how to replace them please let me know how

thanx Alizabeth

if it's in the temp folder, it's safe to remove. that is, if you did not install apps under the said folder. if some programs are still requiring those files you mentioned, chances are, you are still infected. i suggest you update you anti-virus pattern file run a full scan (scan ALL files). check also for spyware/adware/malware infections.

hope this helps. peace! [peace]

kilroy [trooper]
philippines

"If the automobile had followed the same development cycle as the computer, a Rolls-Royce would today cost $100, get one million miles to the gallon, and explode once a year, killing everyone inside."

How do I find and delete files or programs that have been put on my pc from the internet without my permission. An example would be Incredimail.

I have browsed using the find routines but could not recognize anything. I tried looking at "properties" of files and the date created but could find nothing.

Thanks for your help.

Fishbait

usually programs that get installed on your pc without you permission, is called spyware, adware. You can download a spyware removal tool that might help. I use Spybot-search and destroy. it is a free download. It works good for me.

Hello Alizabeth,

Those two are there as a result of spyware/virus in the first place. So why you want to download them somewhere? I would even say, wipe the \temp\ directory clean if you do not know any thing you specifically store there.

regards - tsuji

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back