Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

have worrys about compilers

Status
Not open for further replies.

redwing26

Programmer
Feb 16, 2006
GB
Hi ,

I have been slowly learning assembly for a while now, I went away for it for a while to get a better understanding of c, anyway now Im back on the assembly, I have the following compilers tasm and masm.

Now eventually I want to learn to use assembly to crack my own programs to better understand security and the low lvl details of computing and the windows api.

I was wandering which is the best assembler out of tasm and masm ,,,,,,from what ive read some people seem to think tasm is a bit old, I however dont yet have enough knowledge to make a concrete desicion on that yet. I would go with masm but some of the tutorials use things like print and stdout with masm and I am wanting to learn assembly at the lowest lvl, especially since I want to be able to understand whats going on in my program exes at the end of the road. Where can I get the best compiler and 32 bit 100% assembly guides?

thanks
redwing

i am not really a hardcore assembly language programmer
but i would suggest that you use the assembler that suits
you. and you might want to start with 16-bit, besides the
site that you have been visiting/reading -
uses 16-bit
code programming.

anyway, i am using the old a86 as my assemler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back