Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

have trouble with client connect to internet throught the proxy server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solo

MIS
Nov 2, 1999
US
I've configured the proxy server but the client is having trouble get throught the proxy. <br>
Message is the page cannot be displayed.<br>
If I start the default website service, a message of Http error 403.6 Forbidden: IP address rejected.<br>
<br>
<br>
Thank for any inputs<br>
<br>
<br>

Yes Tool,<br>
All users have permissions.<br>
But I am using RAS dial up now until the ADSL is put in, no problem from the server side going into the web.<br>
<br>
Thanks<br>
<br>

This is a long shot but try this. Go to the &quot;Internet properties&quot; and &quot;Connection&quot; Tab. Next click the &quot;LAN Settings&quot; button. In this dialog box there are serveral boxes checked, uncheck them all and click &quot;OK&quot;. Try accessing the internet now. Did you set up the permissions using the &quot;Everyone&quot; group under the &quot;Security&quot; option in the web proxy properties?<br>
<br>
Tool

Tool,<br>
<br>
I've added Everyone, domain users, domain admins, and myself with full access rights, nothing works.<br>
I am thinking of re-installing proxy over again. See if I did something wrong during the installation process.<br>
<br>
Thanks<br>
<br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back