Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

have to scroll up to see tabs when form opens - why? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

TimSlape

Technical User
Jun 1, 2001
US
The form has six tabs, each of which is full of text boxes and controls and is almost the full 22" capriciously allowed by Bill's people. Oh but it works so well, EXCEPT that each time the form is opened, the six tab tops - lovely gray arent they? - are behind the header no matter what I try. The customer isn't too happy and neither am I. Do I have to put a note on the switchboard explaining how to find the tabs (scroll up)? Give me a break, won't someone please create a better Database Mousetrap?! Any tips on rectifying this stroke of MS genius? Thanks all!

Uh.. put less stuff on the form
and break it into two forms
Or bump the resolution up to 1600x1200 and get them a 21" monitor and a 32 meg video card to drive it. DougP, MCP

Visit my WEB site to see how Bar-codes can help you be more productive

DOn't know if this will work in your case or not, but you could try opening the form, scroll and adjust it to your liking, then Ctrl-S to save the form. When you reopen it, I think it will preserve the position... David 'Dasher' Kempton
The Soundsmith

I am having the SAME problem. It is driving me crazy!!! I have searched and searched online and can't find anything. I tried the ctrl+s suggestion but that didn't work. This is really a problem so I hope someone can fix it.

Thanks,
Jamie

Have never used tab controls, but can you set the focus to them on opening the form?

I had a problem like this, but it was with a static report that was to be printed, not a form!

Why is it so big? If I HAD to put all this information on a single form, I'd layer it all on top of each other. Then when certain areas were filled in, or the user pushed a command button, the stuff that was completed would go invisible, and the new areas would become visible.

I have set focus to the tabs when the form opens, but they are still not visible. You have to scroll up to see them.

Also, the size of the form has nothing to do with it, because as soon as I added a tab this was happening.

Try this...

Private Sub Form_Load()
Me.Page1.SetFocus
End Sub

Oops, just saw your note saying you've tried to set focus, but I did replicate the problem and setting focus to page 1 did solve it for me.

So you have a form Header/Footer ? If so you can always set focus to the labels at the top of there. Just curious by why so many controls on 1 form. Have you though about reorganizing the controls to fit a little more intravenously?

You also might try putting an object at the top of the details portion of the form, and set focus to that in case it's a quirky tab thing that still won't resolve itself. And I'll quiet down now and see if others have better ideas. :)

I fixed the problem.

I had to add a control(i used a command button) in the detail section, which I gave focus on form load. I hid the item by resizing it to very small, and then dragging my form on top of it. It's a stupid answer, but it works and now by tabs show when I open the page.

Hi.
I didn't read in detail all that's gone before...but here goes.

I had the same problem until I hid some of the toolbars with a macro (using ShowToolbar action). I use the formatting tool bar a lot in design, but I have to turn it off for user interface.

Gus Brunston
An old PICKer
padregus@home.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back