Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Have to install another NT4.0 server in network... 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

chuego

IS-IT--Management
Mar 20, 2001
IT
Here's the problem i have a network with 100 PC's and a NT4.0 Server (not a normal server) it's a card which you install on a AS400 with PII 400 and 256MB RAM (the thing is they only use it for filesharing and it's not upgradeable because it cost's too much) but since they want to keep it, i have to work around it. It's like a normal server only it takes part of the HD's of the AS400.
I have to put in another server(NT4.0, 3 SCSI HD, 512MB RAM)
which is going to have a SQLSERVER installed, and about 40-50 people using it.
My question is how to install the new server???
Another DOMAIN? as BDC?
Is it going to slow down my old one???
Pleaze help [wink]...i'm all ears[bigears]
If you can't convince'em confuse'em

If you are running a domain with only a PDC and no BDCs it would be a good idea to have at least one BDC. If your new server is going to see extensive use then I would just install it as a member server of your present domain. A BDC does not have to be an expensive server. You could use a desktop PC for your BDC. It is just a good idea to have the redundancy in case your PDC crashes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back