Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Have Problem with Login on PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

kcitt

Technical User
Dec 18, 2002
US
Hi,
I don't know what happen to my pc. When I turn it on the screen blink 2-4 tiems before it does anything else and after it load everything on then it asked for user and password. I type user name and password in, but it just doesn't login and it returned to ask user name and password again. I can only login as a guest, but I can't very do anything with guest login. It always ask for adimstrator. How do I fix this prblem? Or How do I get rip off the old OS? If I can to install new OS. Thank you so much in advance.

KC

Can you explain some more about your problem please? Like what operating system you are using (were using - sounds like an upgrade), when did problem start, what changed (software/hardware) etc.

Thank you for your responed. I have a software problem. I would think. I just put the hardrive into defferent com. and delete almost verything in the hardrive. It has a few that I can't delete like My Document Folder that is not allow to delete. So now when I turn it on it ask for re-install disk. The problem is I don't have a re-install disk. It used to be Window XP Pro. Now I just wondering that is any way that I can install the software that is not from the oraginal disk. I have the same software as Window XP Pro. I load the CD in it doesn't do anything. Is anyone have any idea that what should I do next? Thank you in advance.

KC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back