Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Have no disk space left!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MiddleWork

IS-IT--Management
Apr 6, 2004
GB
We are running ARCserve 9 and our database is huge. I have cut the retention time down to 21 days (really don't want to go any lower) and have been running dbdefrag, but without any joy, my questions are...

- Where do the output files go after running dbdefrag? I have seen these mentioned on here a number of times, but not their location.

- I have looked in the Temp directory (in ARCserve) and removed a number of .tmp files, however there is still a large number (600mb) of Security Catalog files...can these be deleted?

- I am anticipating having to initialize the aspstdat database - if this is done, will I still be able to see the job details (e.g. directory structure, but not data) when going to perform a restore or will everything be lost until the tapes are merged.

Any other things I can try?

Thanks for all of your help.

Problem sorted! Have just run Keybuild and now have loads of free space :)

Would still be nice to know if the Security Catalog files can be removed though.

Cheers

Just curious, how long did it take you to run the keybuild utility? I've been running one on a 20GB db for over a week now!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back