Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Have mulitple column, with groups. Want to have info print in grp foot

Status
Not open for further replies.

xcmuchip

Programmer
May 31, 2001
I hope the Crystal gurus out here have a solution for me or be able to point me in the right direction. I am working with Crystal 8.5.

I have a report that has multiple columns which include the groups. I would like information, that spans across the page, to print in one of the footers.

FYI: I have different information in the page footer already.

Is there a workaround for this? I have tried using the page footer with no luck.

Thank you

You can read more about what report does by reading this thread (thread767-1274069)

Subject says print in grp foot, post speaks of page footers.

I think tht you should post example data (show what section the data is currently displayed), and an example of what you'd like to have happen, including in which secton, descriptions aren't helping.

-k

Here is what my report looks like:

Code:
Small Cups       Big Cups      Containers     Lids
----------       --------      ----------     -----
sCup1  price1    bCup1 price1  Cont1 price1   Lid1 price1
sCup2  price2    bcup2 price2  cont2 price2   lid2 price2
scup3  price3    bcup3 price3

This is using multiple column report including the groups. I would like to insert a customer product subreport into one the group footers so I get the following:

Code:
Small Cups       Big Cups      Containers     Lids
----------       --------      ----------     -----
sCup1  price1    bCup1 price1  Cont1 price1   Lid1 price1
sCup2  price2    bcup2 price2  cont2 price2   lid2 price2
scup3  price3    bcup3 price3
(page break)

Customer Product        Price
----------------        ------
CustProd1               1.00
CustProd2               2.00

(page break)

I currently cannot do this because my groups are included with the columns and I only have about 1 1/2 inches for each column and group footer. My subreport I want to insert spans the entire page.

I mentioned the page footers as an FYI just in case someone wants to suggest using the page footer and I tried to use the page footer to produce the results I am looking for. It did not work.

I hope this helps.

What is the name of the group field that results in "Sm Cups, Big Cups, etc? How does the "Customer Product" relate to that or doesn't it? What field is it from?

-LB

The name of the group that produces the "Sm Cups, ..." headings is actually "detail a". My Group 3 footer prints at the bottom of the page to create the column for each group. Group 3 is based on a sort order for the product class (sm cups, big cups, etc.). My report is grouped by Customer, Card Type, Class sort order. Then sorted by product sort order.

The report is actually a price list for each customer. A customer can have more than one price list based on the "card type". The Customer product section is the custom products we sell/make for the customer. The only relation is the customer number. This section I would like to print last for every card type.

Does that help, lbass?

I figured out a way to do this.

I created a main report that handles my customer and company information. Within the main report, I imported two subreports linked by the customer and/or card type. Each report having its own format (like the two different formats above).

The report runs well for having two subreports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back